Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Thursday, August 22, 2013

This letter he wrote us the night he entered the MTC.  He mailed it and we got it earlier this week. 

Aug 14, 2013

Hello y'all

The first day of the MTC has been fun and interesting.  I have yet to receive a companion, so I am in a threesome with Elders Ragazzine, and Woolley.  Elder Woolley is from American Fork also.   My entire district is going to Des Moines also, which is cool.

Just today we had over 850 missionaries enter the MTC. Which included the largest foreign group entering the MTC ever.

I expected to first settle down and then unpack, but instead they threw me into the fire.  Our first devotional, Sister Hacking taught about bringing souls unto Christ.  We stand in proxy for the Lord.  D&C 42:6.

I think this will all be fun :) We've had a couple of district and zone conferences.  We went through a tone of missionary scenarios and learned a lot.  The Spirit is so strong here.  There was a time that we were going through discussions, and the scriptures just come to me. 

I love you all.  I am so excited for the next 2 years.  God be with you til we meet again.

Elder Spencer Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment