Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct. 28,2013
 
Hello Friends and Family,
 
I'm reminded of two stories.
 
The first, Is Man, a Gardner.  He was in his yard pruning the trees and bushes one day. While he was doing so, he thought he saw a bush shed a tear.  "Why have you cut me down?" the Bush asked. "I was doing so well".  The Gardner replied. "I'm the Gardner Here, and I know what I want you to be. I know of your potential and know what will help and make you grow"
 
A couple years later, the same man was in line for a big promotion in his line of work.  He had done his best and was looking at becoming the rank of General.  The interview went well, but the man was told that he could not receive the promotion because he was a Mormon.  That night he threw his hat on the ground and threw his fists in the air. "Why did you cut me down?! I deserved that, I could have been so much better!?". He then heard the Lord say, "Im the Gardner Here, and I know what I want you to be. I know of your potential and know what will help and make you grow"
 
The Lord is in control.  He knows who we are and knows of our potential.  He loves us enough to cut us down.
 
Now, the second story.  A man was in a plane crash, and ended up on an island by himself.  There he lived and survived.  He prayed every night and pleaded with the Lord for rescue and comfort.  He was lost and needed help.  He received an answer to his prayers, the Lord had said "I will provide a way".
After a couple of days, the man noticed a ship of the coast. And eventually the Captain of the ship asked the man if he was in need of a rescue.  "No" the man replied, "The Lord will provide a way".  So the ship left.
A couple of days later, the man was praying and asking for comfort. "I have provided a way" said the Lord.  So again a ship came and went as the man was insistent that the Lord will provide the way. A storm broke out and the man was killed.  While in heaven, the man met God and asked "Where were you?  You told me that you would provide the way".  The Lord than answered "Well? Did I not send two ships after you?  Did I not provide your way of rescue?"
 
This week has been, difficult.  We have investigators that fail to follow their commitments.  We have great lessons with them, and the commit to follow our invitations. But they wont actually do them.  We have felt the Lord cutting us down, and rebuilding us.  We are struggling to help the people that this is the MOST important thing in their lives.  That only through this gospel can we achieve happiness.  I keep asking   "How many stones do I have to throw at you before you realize that I've been hitting you in the face?"  Really though, They have received the restored gospel, and they refuse to see that.  The Lord teaches "line upon line...here a little there a little"  People are prepared for this message, and they have it right in front of them.  It is OUR job to help them realize the truth of this.
 
My Advise.  Remember the Lord,    9 Believe in aGod; believe that he is, and that he bcreated all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all cwisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not dcomprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. Mosiah 4.
 
 
Things are moving, Slowly but Surely.
 
Love you.
 
Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment