Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hey Fam!
 
This has been such a good week. And it has flown so stinkin' fast. We went to Iowa City on Thursday for a Zone Conference and most of my old companions were there. It was so fun to see them and know that I have friends throughout the mission.  I got myself wrapped into a competition with an Elder on who has the better Paisley Tie collection. SO if ya'll want to help me with that, I wont complain. :)
 
On Friday we get word that the ward is going on a Temple trip, so we made a last minute call to President. He said that we are doing great work in Quincy and to have fun at the Temple :D IT WAS SO COOL!  The Nauvoo Temple is now doing sessions at 7 at night, and there was only 20 people in the session so it went a lot faster.  There was a point when it was just me and my companion in the Temple room. SO COOL! The spirit was so strong there.
 
On Saturday we had the Baptism of R N.  His wife has been a member her whole life, and out of the 10 years they've been married. He finally decided to take a serious look at the church.  It was such a good baptism. They had family fly in from California and Utah just to be here for him. 
 
We are seeing a lot of success here in Quincy, yet none of it can be claimed ours.  God has blessed us in so many ways. We find a lot of people, and I think thats because we dont have a car.  We are the only area in the Zone to not have a car, so we are constantly talking to people.  We trust in the Lord in all we do.
 
We were talking to a friend of ours and he keeps telling us that we live in a fantasy world if we think we can pray and all will be fine.  But thats one thing I've learned out here.  The world would separate life and Religion.  But my Life IS my Religion. And will continue to be after my Mission.  I have come to really believe that NOTHING in this world is because of us.  After studying the Book of Mormon, that is something it teaches.  We have to give everything to the Lord.  The reason we can share Gospel at work or in School, is because the Lord already gave that to us.  And if we do good, NOTHING bad will come of it.  If an invitation is out of love and genuine concern, it will always be accepted out of love.  They may not accept the invitation but they will know it came from a love. 
 
Thanks for everything you all have done for me.  I love you ALL!!
Keep Praying for the Missionaries to teach more and the members to help find more.  We have yet another week of 20 lessons. IT CAN BE DONE!
 
Love,
Elder Spencer Allred


 

No comments:

Post a Comment