Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Monday, February 10, 2014

Hello!


February 10, 2014

So this week has been a lot of fun. We've had a lot of good lessons and seen a lot of miracles.

First off, we re-did our areas in Waverly. Instead of being divided North and South, we are now doing East and West.  When we split the area the first time, I was 2 weeks in and was still "Green". We have learned a lot since then, and some changes needed to be made.

With the area change, comes a change of investigators.  Debbie is now the other Elders to teach, and we have gained some more people from the South.

Brad is a guy we knocked into, and we feel that he is pretty solid.  When we found him he was on day one of being sober from alcohol.  He has liver problems and was told by a doctor that he will die if he continues to drink. He really feels that God is watching out for him.  I feel bad for the guy, he's 32 and really needs God in his life.

Debbie, Is now the Waverly West’s to teach.  She has been meeting because she is interested to learn for education sake.  Last week we had a super good lesson with her in which she accepted a baptismal invite.  And last night I extended the date of April 19 for her, and she accepted! It was cool to see her change and grow.  But sadly that was the last time I will probably teach her.

Caitlin, is going really strong.  She has a date for March 1st. But she needs to move it because her mom is NOT supporting her in anyway. And March 1st is her mom’s birthday... SO trying not to back stab Caitlin's mom, we need a new date for her.  Pray that her Moms heart is softened.

Transfers are on Thursday and I am expecting that I will be getting transferred.  6 Months in an area is a long time, and lately I feel that my time is done in Waverly.  I don't know for sure if I am being transferred officially. I've had some talks with my mission president and He has basically told me that I am.  But it’s not official till I get a phone call today.  So all mail and such, please send to the mission home because I don’t want to lose any mail. :) 

To the Priests:  I may have said this a lot, but, a mission is hard work.  It is nothing like what I expected. I would do 3 things differently if I could go back, I would 1) study my scriptures more.  The scriptures are so powerful and a major help in the work.  2) Watch a pay attention to the District. It is so great to see what Missionary work is like.  3) Read/Listen to "Characters of Christ" by Elder Bednar.  That talk changed my Mission.  I love you guys and pray for you all.

The Members: Please watch Hastening the Work of Salvation on LDS.org.  It is so great to work with the Members.  The church is changing the approach to Missionary work. Please continue to be the great examples you are to the world.

I love you all!  Please keep the prayers coming. :)

Love, Elder Spencer Duane Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment