Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Monday, August 11, 2014

Halfway to Quincy

Hey Everyone!!!

This was such a great week for us!

We've been working really hard and seeing a lot of success.

 I'm Starting to realize why I left Knoxville so fast and came to Quincy.  My previous 3 areas were areas that there was really no Member Help.  I.C had the Missionary fire, but they didn't know how to use it.  So I feel like the first part of my mission was helping Members see the importance of Missionary work.  In Knoxville, the Members clicked and the Area Exploded.  The Baptism dates we set in Knoxville have gotten moved up to this month because the people are so prepared!! The 6 weeks I was there with my Companions, we saw success in that area. We saw the vineyard grow and flourish.  Now they're going to start having to harvest.  When I came to Quincy, I felt a little upset that I was unable to finish what we started in Knoxville. But the Quincy Ward is on top of things.  Everything the Mission is pushing for is happening in Quincy.  We have Ward Council twice a month.  The members are volunteering themselves to help us.  We don't ask for members help, we don't need to.  They willingly go out of their way to help us.
 Numbers are not important, but they are...  They keep us honest.  Elder D and I are killing it in Quincy.  we taught 23 lessons last week, and Elder Deeds says that's a slow week for us.  We're teaching a lot of people.  We have an appointment tonight with the A Family.  A family of 6, 5 of which are over the age of 8.  Bro. A has read the Book of Mormon 4 times and knows it's true, Sister A wants to give up tea and coffee so that she can get baptized ASAP.  We haven't even taught them the first lesson.  Members of the ward has them over for dinner every Saturday night and they teach them and answer their questions.

The Members here are so great! Week 2 here we come!

This week I will also be hitting my YEAR mark.  We call it HUMP DAY!!  Time has gone by CRAZY Fast!  A year ago today I was packing, saying my Goodbyes, and going to Texas Roadhouse with 2 really great Friends.  Time has flown.  I spent one year of my Mission building my wings and helping others do the same.  Now it's time to fly.  I look forward to applying what I know now to the next year of my Mission, and for Eternity!!

 I Love You ALL!!
 Semper Fidelis!!!
 Elder Allred

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

No comments:

Post a Comment