Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Monday, August 18, 2014

Hey All!

Hey Friends and Family! 
How is everything going?? 
I heard that there was a little Allred Family Reunion, thanks for the Invite!  Its the thought that counts ;)  Thats one thing I've learned a lot this week, the importance of families. 
I count you all as family, not just blood relation, but I truly have learned something from everyone. And really, because we are ALL Children of God, we ARE Family.
We're on week 3 of the transfer, and we feel really good.  Were teaching a lot of great people and love watching them grow.  BUT, It was a hectic week.  A lot of tears and laughs. 
We saw the effects of a wife scared about the possibility of having another kid, and helped her through her stress.  She's 19 and Her Husband is 22.  It really is sad to see their family situation. They have 1 kid, and are barely making it through.  She turns out to not be pregnant so that was a relief to her.  I still say that she ate too much of the steak I cooked for them on Friday Night.  (Thanks Dad for teaching me how to season the Steak just right!) 
We helped out a family with the surprising news of a father passing away unexpectedly.  The A family, Trevor and Jana have 4 Daughters, the oldest being 14 and the youngest being 7.  Trevor's father passed away on Friday Night.  He is still in shock because of it. 
This Week.  Family. The Beginnings and the Ends.  It really got me thinking of the Questions: 1) Where did we come from? 2) Why are we here? 3) Where are we going?
Of course as a missionary we teach the answers to these questions everyday.  We have a LOVING Heavenly Father who we lived with before this life.  We came here to Earth to prepare to live with Him again, an with that we received our Bodies.  After this life we go back to the Spirit world and continue to learn more and Then we are judged and CHOOSE to live with Him again. I have learned a very valuable lesson, " Heaven will not be heaven for those who have not chosen to be heavenly." 
This has been a really good week for us. Family is such an Important thing, I love you guys.
You are my Family. :)
The things we teach as Missionaries ARE TRUE!! The Restoration has happened.  And the Bible AND the Book of Mormon Testify of it, each other, and OUR SAVIOR!!
HE LIVES
I love you ALL,
Elder Spencer Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment