Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Monday, April 7, 2014

Another One Bites The Dust


April 7, 2014
Hey Fam & Co.!!

A lot has happened this week!
So, a couple of things have changed.

We are working well in the Trio J  At doors, one of us kind of hides in the back to make it less overwhelming. That’s Fun.  And all 3 of us take up the entire sidewalk, so street contacting is a lot of fun.  But through all the fun times we are having, the work is hard.
Zido, has recently moved out of our area, so we lost him as an Investigator.  We had to turn him over to another set of Elders, with whom we hope he will work well.

And the rest of our investigators are "Too busy for us"  Stupid weather, cold is best. (I know that is not what you have heard me say for the last several months.  I guess that’s what I get for getting what I asked for J )  People don’t want to leave their houses so it’s easy to find people. But now that the weather is warmer, people are out more on the streets, which means that we’re talking to a lot more NEW people.  Bitter / Sweet, and always changing flavors.
Were doing a lot of knocking lately, and I have learned that there are some weird people out here.  Like WEIRD.  We've been yelled at, threatened with the police, threatened with other stuff, etc.  And yet, I LOVE it here.  I wouldn’t be anywhere else.  I truly love it here. I love my comps, the ward, and the people here. (No matter how weird they are). 

Love comes with the job description.  It’s a wonderful thing to be on a mission.
As missionary call season comes, I would hope to help those preparing for a mission.  The things that have helped me the most out here is:

1) Studying the Book of Mormon, every page in that book is inspired and WILL help with everyday life.

2) PMG.  There are only 2 books written in the Temple, Jesus the Christ by Talmage, and Preach My Gospel. It is just as inspired as any other scripture we have.

3) "Feed My Sheep" by Elder Holland, and the "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. (neither of which are found on LDS.org – so Google them)

I love you all.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints IS TRUE. It is Christ’s restored church on the earth.  The Book of Mormon is true.
I love all again. Thanks for Everything.

Elder Spencer D. Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment