Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Monday, May 19, 2014

How Firm A Foundation

Hey Family and Friends!
This week was good to us. Although we did have some crazy experiences.
This week entailed. 11 Lessons, a GREAT Sacrament Meeting with Elder Reall from the 70, and some CRAZY People.
So as we were walking home on Monday, this man in a Ford Prius pulls to the side of the road and yells "GET IN!".  OF course in response we tell him no.  Again the man tells us to get in and he'll give  us a ride home.  So I then ask the man if he's a member, and he says no. But he loves the Missionaries.  Again, a little hesitant, He looks at us and says "I am Cherim, I am the Son of Jesus Christ!" And we're like WHAT?! He looks at us and says, "I am the son of Jesus and Mary, get in!" (He's Crazy!) So then we again decline and he shakes his head and drives off.
We walked away from that just laughing, we met the son of Jesus.  Only in Iowa.
This last Conference was so great on the subject of defending your faith.  As a Missionary, there have only been a select few times that I've had to actually withstand someone yelling at me personally, but I think the worse one happened last night.
We were walking to the library in town, to get a ride home from the South Elders in our Ward.  And we felt that we needed to say hi to a less active in the Ward.  So we saw him, and left his house no problem. On our way back to the main road next to the Library, a man came running outside and seemed super eager to talk to us.  He asked us some questions, and we answered them.  And he seemed really "Golden".  Then, he started quoting the Bible and asking some pretty weird questions about the Holy Ghost. My companions were handling it like the Champs they are.  But he then started targeting me personally. Asking why I was laughing at the word of God. (I dont remember ever laughing)  He then looked at my companions, and exclaimed that they both had the Holy Ghost in them, but that I had a Devil. He then started yelling in my face, and spitting everywhere. (Yes, even in my face)  And all I did was stand there and take it. He then looked at my companions and me and told me to go home that I was wasting my time here.  That My Name Tag meant nothing to the Lord.  Then looking at me again, he said, "I've got one last thing to say... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!". Seriously?!!!  It's amazing how stupid you act when you have had too much to drink.

But it was a real testimony builder for me.  Because I know that I'm out here for a reason.  My badge DOES mean something. I am a set apart messenger of Jesus Christ.  I help people receive the ONLY way to salvation through the ONLY true Church.  I am a Missionary!
I love you all!!, I am now out of time, but I will write more next week.
ALSO, Im going to Nauvoo on Saturday!! SO EXCITED!!! 
Love YOU!!
Elder Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment