Spencer Mission Picture

Spencer Mission Picture

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Work & The Glory


January 27, 2014

Hey Friends and Family.

Larry Gelwix once said in a small fireside that I attended, "Attitude and Effort are EVERYTHING."

 I have learned a lot during my mission so far. The valuable lesson I am learning at the moment is found in D&C 4:

For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

 Thrusting in our sickle with OUR might.  All the Lord asks is that we do our part.  We do the Work and He gets the Glory.  If our attitude and efforts are righteous then we will accomplish the things which the Lord has commanded us. That is the result of 1 Nephi 3:

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

When we GO, and DO, and THRUST in our sickle, the Lord will bless us to accomplish that with which we have been assigned.

I have been learning this ‘the hard way’ to be honest.  A mission is HARD work. We do all we can to bring souls unto Him. And He receives the Glory.  Often time’s, people think we just want to change the faith of other; they are incorrect.  We want to add to the faith they already have.  There is truth in ALL things, and we want to add to that truth.  We uplift, not replace.

I had my first door slam this week. OH it made me mad, then sad, then mad, then sad again.  All I could think about was the expression on her face when she slammed the door.

I told myself that "One day she and I will meet again.  And she will remember that action.  THEN, hopefully, I will have the opportunity to teach her, and help her know I only care about her."

I don't understand why someone would turn us away.  We do not condemn, we don’t insult, we are not here to offend.  We have the FULLNESS of the Gospel once again on the Earth. The ONLY greater news the world has seen is that of Christ’s birth and atonement!

One day all knees will bow and tongues confess that Jesus is the Christ, and at that day I have no doubt that they will also recognize the Divine guidance of this Church.

I love you all. This church IS true and the book to prove it is BLUE.

I am helping with His Work, and all Glory be His.

Elder Spencer Duane Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment